It wasn't always this way, of course. When we first brought the little guy home, he took the "city that never sleeps" thing to heart. Or rather, he took it to heart when it came to the evening. Kyle would be drowsy and sleepy all day, but as soon as his head hit his crib sheet, it was party time! And Mom & Dad had to take part, or else King Kyle would force us to. We'd try to rock him to sleep, we'd sing songs to him, or we'd read him Jennifer's law books, but nothing would work. He'd seem to go to sleep, only to wake up and go nuts as soon as we put him in the crib, as if we accidentally hit the "reset" button on a detonated nuclear bomb.
But now all that's changed, or so it seems. Kyle goes to bed around 9:30 PM, and he doesn't start wailing until around 6 AM. 6 AM - no earlier! The sun is rising, birds are chirping, clouds, trees and chipmunks are singing, and Jennifer and I are waking up after about 7 hours of straight sleep. It's all beautiful. Granted, this could all change, as we hear kids like to switch things up once you're on to their "game." But we've appreciated it so far. Having sleep has allowed me to speak in complete sentences while reducing my crankiness. I am also no longer walking into walls or forgetting things, like "always remember where you put your toothbrush" or "underwear first, THEN pants." Again, it's all beautiful.I know we'll pay for this if we have a second child, so we're savoring it while we can. And if you have a child and this entry made you jealous, I do have a few diaper stories that might make you feel better. They're rather dreadful, and I hear they're somewhat unique to our child. So, give me a call... but not late at night. I'll be sleeping then.
1 comment:
You had to jinx it? Man, good luck tonight...
Post a Comment