
Jennifer and I have been doing so much packing that I'm sure we'll soon be dreaming of cardboard. Friday's the big day - the day we say "Do widzenia" to Greenpoint and "Hello" to Brooklyn's Park Slope (or, as my family says, "Pahk Slope"). We found a beautiful apartment there last month. We can't get into it just yet; the landlady says they are still working on "improvements" to the place - which means they're making the drawers harder to open, making the rooms smaller than we remember them, and adding about 10 extra stairs to the stairwell. In the meantime, we're just packing our stuff here and getting buried in boxes. The picture above is actually a picture of us.
You might have to wait a little while for my next blog entry. The phone company will have to activate our DSL at the new place, and you know how that can go. Once I'm up and running, hopefully by early next week, I'll tell you all about our new neighborhood. All I know about Park Slope right now is that it's very safe - only two shootings on our street last week! - and it's best known for its prominence in the gangsta rap recording, "Park Slope! Park Slope! I'm gonna kick your a**." We thought it would be the perfect place to raise a child.
For those of you who are curious, there is a write-up on Park Slope on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Slope. Of course, you can't believe everything on Wikipedia, so you might just want to wait 'til my next posting for the real scoop.
2 comments:
I thought Wikipedia was 100% accurate. I planned to use it for negotiation tips the next time I have a review.
Finally, something I can relate to! Good luck with the move. Can't wait to visit you in Park Slope. If you have boxes left over, let me know -- I need some more for my move!
Post a Comment