
Yes, Kyle is his real name (sorry AC360 fans). Jennifer and I chose it about a month and a half ago, but I didn't want to put it on the blog until we were within a month of the due date. That way, if we decided to change the name to something like "Funkybutter," he'd be spared the embarrassment of everyone accidentally calling him "Kyle."
However, it now looks like the name is sticking. "Kyle" is Gaelic, meaning "fair and handsome." The other options we considered were Finnish names meaning "ugly with bad breath" or "worn-out shoe." Those didn't seem to fit, so Kyle quickly became our top choice. As for the middle name, it comes from Jennifer's father and some clown on my side of the family.
We even like how our little one's initials work out - KB sounds like the name of a popular toy store. KDB sounds like... well, it kinda sounds like the former Soviet intelligence agency. Hmmmm... I'm really glad now that we didn't make his middle name "Gaspard."
Anyway, with the name set, I figured I'd post it with the latest ultrasound, which we received about a week ago. If you have trouble making out the image above, here's a guide to help:

As you can see, our little one has some chubby cheeks. He also has a mouth, a nose, and two eyes. I'm especially grateful for that, even though I would have loved him just as much if he were a cyclops.
The ultrasound technician also gave us a profile shot of our little one, which allows me to use my abundance of spare time to create something like this:

Jennifer's doctor says we should be "capturing" Kyle by his due date, June 10th. She says he's already pushing 7 pounds, so we don't want him to be late. We'd hate to have Jennifer deliver a baby that's larger than her. I'm guessing that wouldn't be too comfortable.
If for some reason you don't believe the reports of how big our baby's becoming, just take a look at this picture of Jennifer from her graduation last week:
Any day now...
1 comment:
Thanks for the picture with arrows. He is adorable, of course. I'm starting my countdown! I can't wait. I'll be thinking of all three of you.
- Joanna
Post a Comment